The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme was created as a Public Private Partnership, spearheading this is the senior special assistant to the president on Youth and Students Affairs, the main aim and purpose for the creation of this programme is to provide viable solutions to the increasing number of unemployed youths.
The objectives of the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme
The scheme was designed to:
- Battle and eradicate unemployment of the Nigerian youths, by making 774,000 opportunities for the youths to get empowered, the scheme has also come to be a means through which youths get to increase their value capacity by taking advantage of the scheme’s assets, to utilize their true potential.
- The scheme also seeks to integrate the youths into federal government economic diversification policy.
- Create income and wealth among the youths, and make sure that this income level is sustained.
- Limit the occurrence of criminal activities and the abuse of drugs and other substances, by engaging them in productive endeavors.
- Create business like SME’s and Micro SME’s which in turn contributes to the GDP of the nation.
- Establish the youths so that they can, in turn, empower other youths in their local communities.
- Assist and aid the financial inclusion strategy that the federal government proposed.
- Be a catalyst to the emergence of new entrepreneurs throughout the 7744 local governments in Nigeria, and also support the ones which are already in existence.
- Include the development of youths into the frame of the policies in government and the national budget.
What Is the Empowerment strategy?
The scheme rewards trainees who successfully complete their course, with things such as rice mills, poultry equipment, farm instruments, mobile kiosks and restaurants, photography devices.
What specifically is training all about?
Every candidate for this scheme will have to compulsorily undergo training under different vocations for example catering, information technology, fashion etc.
P-YES Operation Framework
The scheme is run and managed by the office of the secretary to the government, in conjunction with the SA to the President on youth and student affairs.
Seed Empowerment Tools
Youth who sign up for the scheme will be trained in different areas and their skillset increased, and beneficiaries will be provided with tools of empowerment, Seed Empowerment Tools, to use in investments and in turn empower others around them.
P-YES Seed Incubation Programme
The P-YES Seed Incubation Programme has a very intriguing design, two for one. Every one of the 774,000 youths who stand to benefit from this scheme, must get a beneficiary of their own over a timeline of 12 months.
This scheme is open to both literate and non-literate youths, the condition for acceptance into the scheme is to be teachable, i.e. to have the ability to learn and be taught.
The requirements are:
- The capacity to communicate in normal English, and any other local or indigenous Nigerian language
- Integrity and good character and stability of the mind
- A guarantor, a leader from local community or religion
- Endorsement from a local government officer
- A citizen of Nigeria, between 18 and 40 years of age
- A valid means of identification
- A second level beneficiary, someone else who is to benefit from the scheme under you
- The ability to transfer skills and knowledge to your individual community
- Complete the guarantor’s form. You can access it here(link=http://p-yes.gov.ng/files/pyes_gurantor_form.pdf=)
Take A Tour
Recruitmentvilla was voted in the ‘Entrepreneurs’ Magazine’ as the top Job provision site in Nigeria. This was rewarded based upon the fact that we take pride in keeping you updated on all job vacancies in the country whether they are at the moment recruiting or not.
Therefore keeping you updated on jobs with your favorite organization and linking you up to your dream jobs.
You can thousands of our followers on our social channels and get connected instantly to a firm immediately.
You still can take a little time to read our services on this website below:
Great read wasn’t it? Just drop your Email address in the Form displayed below and indicate whatever you wish we do for you: it could include what jobs you wish to be updated on as soon as it begins, an update on a previous post etc.
Every single post on this site is put forth to aid provide useful and beneficial information to our readers. If you have any issues with any of ‘em or feel a need to tell us to take down any posts; Kindly send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and come up with the best possible solution.
DISCLAIMER: Kindly take into cognizance that all organizations, companies and agencies mentioned on this website is not associated with recruitmentvilla; also, Some things we include in our post are just our own opinion (point of view) and does not necessarily reflect that of the organization, agency etc.