You have taken interest in reading about The British Army Recruitment; Read through carefully and you will get all the information you require. This topic covers a wide range of the British army recruitment FAQs.
The British Army Recruitment Info
The British Army is the largest land military force and is principal among all land warfare forces in the British Armed Forces. At the moment, the British Army covers up to over 81,500 trained regular personnel and over 27,000 trained reserve personnel as well.
The most prominent wars fought by The British Army include the following:
- The Seven Years’ War
- The Napoleonic Wars
- The Crimean War
- World War I
- World War II
- The Cold War, among others.
BASIC VALUES FOR JOINING THE BRITISH ARMY
If you intend joining the British army, below are a few values you should not ignore at any instance.
- Respect for others: Show respect and tolerance to other people no matter the situation or your position.
- Selfless commitment: Taking a decision to join the British Army is a matter of commitment Just any other new thing you get involved. It takes real time to get used to the Army Life but the Army will accept, train and develop you.
- Integrity: Always be honest, sincere, reliable and selfless.
- All soldiers must follow the rules and be responsible for their actions.
Note That: If you ever at any time decide the Army isn’t for you, you are at will to leave. Three months into your training, you have to make a decision if you want to leave or stay on for four years of service in the Army.
Popular terms associated with the British Army Recruitment
If you intend to join the army, you need to know all the terms associated with the British army and we have explained them carefully to you below.
A. Army Reserve
- Soldiers: soldiers who are reservist serve close to their home in any Army Reserve centres closest to his/ her home. As a Reservist, you train in the evenings and at weekends and equally get paid for time spent on training. Your training are arranged to fit in around your day job (civilian job). A Reservist soldier is paid on a day rate in line with Regular soldier pay.
- Officers: Reserve officers train and serve in their spare time just like ‘em soldiers. They, together with the regular army get involved in peacekeeping missions overseas. They are paid on a day’s rate dependent on the rank or position as the case may be;
Lieutenant: £81.17 per day
Second Lieutenant: £78.41 per day
Captain: £100.49 per day
- Soldier: Regular Soldiers live and work on military bases, either within the country or overseas. On Mondays to Fridays they work from 8.30am to 5pm. They are eligible for 38 days per a year. You can serve in the following areas: Combat, Engineering, Intelligence, Communications & IT, Medical, Music, HR, Finance & Support and Logistics & Support. You get paid from the day you start training with a very competitive pay and apart from that, you are due for extra pay when on operations. You get exposed to challenges and adventure, loads of travel, cheap living costs and access to gym, sports facilities, free dental and medical care and a free pension as well.
- Officers: Regular officers ensure that their teams of soldiers possess the required skills and motivation to perform properly. Application for the post of an Army officer starts at the age of 18. The benefits for a an Army regular officer are just the same as that of the regular soldier but also includes Six weeks’ paid leave.
C. Adventure: Adventurous training is important for everyone in the Army, whether you’re a soldier or an officer, regular or Reservist. The British Army helps you develop your skills or try something new as the case may be. Example of the adventurous training are enlisted below;
- Mountain Biking
- Offshore sailing
Sounds like fun right? These and a whole lot more are available from start of training.
Are foreigners allowed to Apply for the British Army Recruitment
Yes, they are allowed. Check the eligibility below to find out how you can apply as a foreigner.
The British Army Recruitment Eligibility for Foreigners
- Age must be from 18-32. You have to fall under this age group to apply for this recruitment.
- Applicants must be from commonwealth countries to be eligible to apply.
List of Common Wealth Countries Eligible for the British Army Recruitment
- The Gambia
- New Zealand
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- United Kingdom*
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit for the British army recruitment
- Applicants must Apply to pursue one of the full-time residential courses of study.
- Note that all commonwealth citizens are allowed to apply for the British Army recruitment.
- Attach a copy of your O-Level results.
- Attach a letter of recommendation from your School authority, attesting to your good character, talent and skills.
- Send a transcript that shows your GPA
- Provide the details of a Lecturer (in high position will be favourable like a professor or HOD) that can be contacted to find out about you when necessary.
General Requirements to Join the British Army
- Applications should be British, Irish or commonwealth citizens. Note that REFUGEEs OR ASYLUM SEEKERs are not allowed to join.
- Applicant’s age must be between 16 and 50 apart from commonwealth countries applicants who should be from 18 to 32.
- Health and Fitness of these individuals need to be intact. They have to be free of challenging health conditions and severe injuries.
- They should be medically fit with a doctor’s report to confirm.
- Education: You are eligible to apply if you’ve finished school or are still studying.
- Applicants must be free of criminal convictions.
- Tattoos and piercings: Make sure you do not have any tattoos above your collar or at least not offensive ones.
To find out more on the requirements to apply for the British army recruitment. visit this link
To get more information with regards to the British Army recruitment, Watch the video below:
Are you ready to apply for the British Army recruitment? Follow this link to start your application today.
British army recruitment for Africans
British army commonwealth recruitment
British army recruitment for commonwealth
British army recruitment application form
Requirements to join the British army
British army recruitment in Nigeria
British army application form downloads
Commonwealth soldiers applying for British citizenship
Requirements to join the British army
Take A Tour
Recruitmentvilla was voted in the ‘Entrepreneurs’ Magazine’ as the top Job provision site in Nigeria. This was rewarded based upon the fact that we take pride in keeping you updated on all job vacancies in the country whether they are at the moment recruiting or not.
Therefore keeping you updated on jobs with your favorite organization and linking you up to your dream jobs.
You can thousands of our followers on our social channels and get connected instantly to a firm immediately.
You still can take a little time to read our services on this website below:
Great read wasn’t it? Just drop your Email address in the Form displayed below and indicate whatever you wish we do for you: it could include what jobs you wish to be updated on as soon as it begins, an update on a previous post etc.
Every single post on this site is put forth to aid provide useful and beneficial information to our readers. If you have any issues with any of ‘em or feel a need to tell us to take down any posts; Kindly send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and come up with the best possible solution.
DISCLAIMER: Kindly take into cognizance that all organizations, companies and agencies mentioned on this website is not associated with recruitmentvilla; also, Some things we include in our post are just our own opinion (point of view) and does not necessarily reflect that of the organization, agency etc.